|Volume XIII Issue 1
1st Quarter 2005
Top Ten Tips For Second
Somewhere, sometime there might come a
time when you’re ready for a second home in a vacation destination.
Here’s the top ten tips to help in your search from http://www.REALTOR.com/Resort.
1) Define your lifestyle interests. Golf or skiing? In town or country?
2) Determine the ideal travel distance. Driving or flying?
3) Don't sell yourself short by insisting if you buy it you'll use it.
4) Research locations.
5) Select the desired location.
6) Contact a real estate professional. A real estate professional is
your eyes and ears in distance places.
7) Visit destinations. Make two or three visits before you purchase.
Review financing options.
9) Involve your tax professional in the financing part of the deal.
10) Purchase through a resort specialist. REALTORS® specializing in a
resort area are your best bet. Ask me for a referral...I know several
professionals throughout the United States as well as the world!
Enjoy the process. This isn't your primary residence and everything
doesn't have to be perfect. Have a little fun with it. You probably
don't have to be near the best school or within walking distance of the
beach...unless that’s what you want.